Welcome to Colby Hill Inn!
Recommendations & Upcoming Highlights
“WOW – before we left, we had to book a reservation for Christmas week (for 12)!” – November GuestVisit NH lists the Currier & Ives Scenic Byway – which passes by our front door – as one of the most 7 scenic fall foliage drives in the state.
FEBRUARY EVENTS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
- February 6-9: Dartmouth Winter Carnival in Hanover
- February 6: Blue Oyster Cult at the Palace Theatre in Manchester
- February 7: Turtle Island Quartet at St. Anselm College in Manchester
- February 7: Willy Porter with Tom Pirozzoli at The Rex in Manchester
- February 8: Snowshoe Yoga for Adults at Prescott Farm in Laconia
- February 8: Winterfest at The Farm at Eastman’s Corner in Kensington
- February 8: Winter Shaker Saturday at Enfield Shaker Museum in Enfield
- February 8-9: 41st Annual Ice Fishing Derby in Meredith
- February 11: New Hampshire Primary
- February 12-16: 104th Annual Winter Carnival in Newport
- February 12: “This Old House” 40th Anniversary Celebration in Concord
- February 13: The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute to the Beatles in Plymouth
- February 14-15: NH Farm, Forest and Garden Expo in Manchester
- February 14: Mike McDonald’s 19th Annual Comedy Extravaganza in Portsmouth
- February 20: Bruce in the USA at the Palace Theatre in Manchester
- February 21-29: Wolfeboro Bay Winter Carnival in Wolfeboro
- February 22-March 2: 11th Annual Beer Week in Portsmouth
- February 22: Wasserman Park Winter Carnival in Merrimack
- February 22: 17th Annual Ice Harvest at the Remick Museum in Tamworth
- February 22: Jimmy Dunn’s Comedy All Stars at the Palace Theatre in Manchester
- February 22: Best of Boston Comedy at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord
- February 29: Farm-to-Table Dinner in Kensington
- February 29: Recycled Percussion at the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord
OUR FAVORITE SUMMER THINGS TO DO
- Summer in NH Bucket List – Visit 9 Boardwalk Trails
- 10 Beautiful Hiking Trails in New Hampshire
- A refreshing hike to a beautiful swimming hole
- Save the date for this year’s festivals and fairs
- Craving ice cream? Here’s where to go
- Where to find outdoor and waterfront dining
- Visit the Frank Llyod Wright Zimmerman House on June 2
- Any Time Driving Recommendation – NH Antique Alley
- Recommended Hikes – Miller State Park – (picnic tables at the summit); Andrew Brooks Trail at Mount Sunapee – leads to the high-altitude Lake Solitude followed by a cliff that overlooks the lake for some amazing photos and onward to ski lifts; Andres Institute of Art – exceptional experience at the world’s largest sculpture trail (over 100 mountainous acres) – lunch in Milford
- THE GRAZING ROOM – elected one of the Best New Restaurants in 2016 by New Hampshire Magazine!
- BREAKFAST at the Inn. We welcome the public to join inn guests for a full breakfast brunch menu for the public with seatings from 8:00-11:00 a.m. on Sundays and 8:00-9:00 during other days – we request reservations.
- Join us for a Wine & Cheese Social Wednesdays through Sundays from 5:30-6:30 pm. With weather permitting, we will be outside. We pour 3 wines and offer a great assortment of local cheeses, cured meats, pickled vegetables and accoutrements for $35 per person.
- Wines of the World Dinner Parties – Generally the 3rd Friday of the month– a monthly event with a different world region or featured vineyard each month.
We are an award-winning country inn in the quintessential New England town of Henniker, New Hampshire. We offer 14 individually decorated guest rooms, over five acres for your enjoyment, acclaimed dining at The Grazing Room, and warm hospitality. We sit on the scenic and historic Currier and Ives Byway. Since we are located in nearly the geographical center of New England, only 90 minutes north of Boston and 25 minutes from the Manchester airport, we are the perfect location for exploring the best of New England. Ask about our day-trip itineraries and packages that offer something rewarding for everyone.
An ECO retreat and Dining Destination. Colby Hill Inn caters to romantic couples, families, private meetings or events, people who are looking for outdoor recreation, and foodies who are seeking an innovative meal crafted from foods within our region. Whatever your plans include during the day, you will certainly want to dine with us and locals in The Grazing Room. Bruce Barnes is a celebrated chef who has led all culinary operations at the World Bank in Washington, DC and owned two successful East Village restaurants. The Grazing Room is already receiving outstanding reviews and accolades for his expert culinary execution and varied menus.
Our decisions are made with a focus on bringing the property to new heights in guest services and comfort, environmental sustainability, support to the community and local farmers, and investment in our staff.
Upon arrival, one of the first things all guest want to do is to grab one of our freshly baked cookies and then meet our baby French Alpine goats Annabelle, Chloe, Gertrude and Lucy.