Welcome to Colby Hill Inn!
U p c o m i n g H i g h l i g h t s
“WOW – before we left, we had to book a reservation for Christmas week (for 12)!” – November Guest
- Any Time Driving Recommendation – NH Antique Alley
- Recommended Hikes – Miller State Park – (picnic tables at the summit); Andrew Brooks Trail at Mount Sunapee – leads to the high-altitude Lake Solitude followed by a cliff that overlooks the lake for some amazing photos and onward to ski lifts; Andres Institute of Art – exceptional experience at the world’s largest sculpture trail (over 100 mountainous acres) – lunch in Milford
- THE GRAZING ROOM – elected one of the Best New Restaurants in 2016 by New Hampshire Magazine!
- BRUNCH at the Inn. We offer a brunch menu for the public with seatings from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Sundays
- Join us for a Wine & Cheese Social Wednesdays through Sundays from 5:30-6:30 pm. With weather permitting, we will be outside. We pour 3 wines and offer a great assortment of local cheeses, cured meats, pickled vegetables and accoutrements for $35 per person.
- Wines of the World Dinner Parties – Generally the 3rd Friday of the month– a monthly event with a different world region or featured vineyard each month.
We are an award-winning country inn in the quintessential New England town of Henniker, New Hampshire. We offer 14 individually decorated guest rooms, over five acres for your enjoyment, acclaimed dining at The Grazing Room, and warm hospitality. We sit on the scenic and historic Currier and Ives Byway. Since we are located in nearly the geographical center of New England, only 90 minutes north of Boston and 25 minutes from the Manchester airport, we are the perfect location for exploring the best of New England. Ask about our day-trip itineraries and packages that offer something rewarding for everyone.
An ECO retreat and Dining Destination. Colby Hill Inn caters to romantic couples, families, private meetings or events, people who are looking for outdoor recreation, and foodies who are seeking an innovative meal crafted from foods within our region. Whatever your plans include during the day, you will certainly want to dine with us and locals in The Grazing Room. Bruce Barnes is a celebrated chef who has led all culinary operations at the World Bank in Washington, DC and owned two successful East Village restaurants. The Grazing Room is already receiving outstanding reviews and accolades for his expert culinary execution and varied menus.
Our decisions are made with a focus on bringing the property to new heights in guest services and comfort, environmental sustainability, support to the community and local farmers, and investment in our staff.
Upon arrival, one of the first things all guest want to do is to grab one of our freshly baked cookies and then meet our baby French Alpine goats Annabelle, Chloe, Gertrude and Lucy.